- K3 will operate on the same schedule and calendar as K4. Half day (8–11:30 a.m.) and full day (8 a.m.–2:45 p.m.) options are both available. During the school year early drop-off begins at 7:15 a.m., and late stay is provided until 5:30 p.m. Daily K3 attendance is not mandatory, but children will benefit from regular attendance. Children arriving after 8 a.m. will be admitted through the office.
- K3 will continue to use Pathways for Preschool curriculum by BJUPress.
- Children will enjoy the same age- and developmentally-appropriate activities throughout the day. Fun thematic units include centers for individual play as well as learning/circle time around the Big Red Barn for group learning. Activities encourage phonemic awareness through introduction and recognition of letters. Activities also include introductory math activities through number recognition, counting, sorting, and patterning. Manners and habit training are incorporated, and heritage studies and science are addressed in fun, hands-on discovery opportunities.
- Childcare will continue to be available during the summer months via the KinderKamp program that is already in place for K4 and K5 students. The K3 teachers, who will become 9-month faculty, will have the option of working KinderKamp during the summer months.
- K3 children will have the same dress code as K4 and K5 students. Uniform T-shirts or polo shirts are required, but students enrolled in the Primary Center may choose to wear non-uniform clothing for the bottom portion of their outfits.
This school year the three-year-old program moved into the Primary Center. While in the past this program was aligned under our daycare program, beginning in August 2015 it will fully align with our kindergarten programs. Although changing in name, the program it will remain age- and developmentally-appropriate, based primarily on fun children’s activities. Following are some similarities to and differences from the daycare program.
864.770.1392 (ES Main)