Dr. Esther White
We appreciate everyone who worked so hard to make this a truly wonderful day. Here are some of the people and organizations we would like to thank:
- Students and their music teachers or directors presented musical selections throughout the day. From the elementary choirs to an upperclassman string trio (who quickly and beautifully adjusted to the illness of their fourth player) and from the bell choir to individual pianists and other instrumentalists, the music was beautiful and well done.
- Piano Central provided a lovely AvantGrand grand piano. Thank you!
- Widget Works provided an E-Board, a large and highly versatile and portable computer/display unit.
- Parents, faculty, and students hosted at the central location and in the classroom buildings. Our parents, unpaid ambassadors of our school, may have influenced prospective parents more than our administrators and faculty possibly could. One prospective parent said with eyebrows raised after an informative and helpful conversation with a current parent, “She’s not being paid to say this, is she?!”
- BJA grads gave tours or drove shuttles to the classroom buildings. Our grads served with such joy and enthusiasm that they blessed all of our hearts. Parents and students returned from tours obviously impressed, not just with BJA but also with our “product.”
- BJA senior Elliot Lovegrove created a “Liam the Lion” coloring page for young children to enjoy while their parents were involved in conversation about BJA’s kindergarten program. I got myself in a bit of a jam when I suggested to some children that we have a coloring contest--they jumped at the opportunity and colored with enthusiasm until complete. I had to quickly find some suitable prizes!
- BJU’s Culinary Arts students, under the direction of Mr. David Miller and Mr. Rob Hansen, provided a delicious spread which received rave reviews throughout the day.
- Mrs. Katie Ward’s BJA foods class provided additional sweet treats on other tables in the room. These were quite a hit as families sat down to have more extended conversations.
- BJU’s Creative Services and Interior Design departments provided attractive room elements.